Whether you've been attending the Extraordinary Form of the Mass for years, or are merely curious about it, this guide is designed to open up the riches contained within the Mass to all. Inside, you will find a word-for-word English translation of the Latin text of the Mass, together with photos, diagrams, notes and explanations that will help you not only to follow along, but also to understand the history and significance of the ceremonies in which you are taking part. In addition, you will find sections explaining the main differences between the Ordinary and Extraordinary Forms, a discussion comparing the development of the Mass with that of its sister liturgy, the Divine Office, an exploration of the English translations of the Bible, a full glossary, and finally, recommended prayers intended to help you prepare when receiving the sacraments of Penance and the Holy Eucharist. Hardback. 8.5" x 11". Have you ever
- Considered attending a Latin Mass, but found it too intimidating?
- Struggled to jump back and forth between the pages of a Latin-English Missal?
- Wondered what all those people are doing at the altar during High Mass?
- Wished for an effective way to help children to understand and follow along with the Mass?
- Wanted to know more about the history of the Mass and how it came to be the way it is?
- Been puzzled by things like Septuagesima, Rogation Days, and other unfamiliar terms, feasts and practices?
This Guide is just what you've been waiting for!